Monday, October 1, 2007

Paris to Bilbao













We watched The Royal Tenenbaums, and then everyone dipped out. I devised a way to lay out on the van’s floor, so made myself a little pillow from one of my overstuffed bags, and stretched my legs. Slept on and off throughout the night. At 6:30 am, we were still in France, when we stopped at a rather nice convenient store for a quick break. I was starving so I managed to gather a fresh baguette (yes, just baked at said convenient store), some sliced cheese, a yogurt drink called YOP, and a water. We stood outside the store, scarfing down bits of bread and cheese then returned to our cramped positions in the van. By morning, we had entered the foggy and craggy hills of northern spain, and soon passed San Sebastian en route to Bilbao.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

damn...why didn't you buy us a bull to put on the grill of the volvo!